THE HIDDEN REASONS TO THANK GOD

INTRODUCTION:
Many times we think of what we don’t have and God has not given us than what He has done.
We approach Him with catalogues of requests in prayer and don’t dedicate more time to thanking Him.
According to Francis Quarles, “That action is not warrantable which either fears to ask the divine blessing on its performance, or having succeeded, does not come with thanksgiving to God for its success”
So, as we approach Him this morning with a grateful heart, there are hidden reasons to thank God from this Psalm.

1. WE MUST THANK HIM FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE
“I sought the LORD, and he heard (answered) me…” Vs. 4a
- God has done so many things for us and we must thank Him.
Songs:
He has done so much for me, He has taken away my sorrow
O glory, Halleluiah, He’s coming to take me home.
- He gives you life, joy, health, help, etc.
Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, And with my song I shall thank Him.

2. WE MUST THANK HIM FOR HIS DELIVERANCE
Vs 4b. I sought the LORD, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.
17. The righteous cry and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous; But the LORD delivers him out of them all.

- You remember how God delivered you from death and arrows of the wicked, you must thank Him for it.
Psalm 124
1If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say;
2 If it had not been the LORD who was on our side, when men rose up against us:
3 Then they had swallowed us up quick, when their wrath was kindled against us:
4 Then the waters had overwhelmed us, the stream had gone over our soul:
5 Then the proud waters had gone over our soul.
6 Blessed be the LORD, who hath not given us as a prey to their teeth.
7 Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.
8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth

3. WE MUST THANK HIM FOR THE ASSURANCE OF HIS PROTECTION
7. The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
20. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
- There is that assurance from God that He will always protect us.
Psalm 125:2 “As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore.” (NIV)

4. WE MUST THANK HIM FOR ASSURANCE OF HIS PROVISION
Vs. 10 The young lions do lack and suffer hunger; But they who seek the LORD shall not be in want of any good thing.
- We have enjoyed God’s provision and that is why we are here today.
Psalm 84:11 says,
“For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.”

5. WE MUST THANK HIM FOR HIS GOOD COUNSEL BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

- God gives us good counsel simply because of His love for us.
- Every good father would always give a wise counsel for his child to follow in life.
- We enjoy the same from our heavenly father.
Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

6. WE MUST THANK HIM FOR THE ASSURANCE OF HIS PRESENCE WHEN WE ARE GOING THROUGH DIFFICULT SITUATIONS
Vs. 17“The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, And saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- Every man has his own downside period.
- During this time(s), God assures us that we can count on His presence. We are not alone during the times of challenges and difficulties.
Isaiah 43:1-2,
But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!
2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.
Hebrews 13:5,
“…for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”

Conclusion
Don’t you think you have reasons to thank God this morning?