GREAT LESSONS FROM JESUS ON MONEY MATTERS II

LUKE 16:1-13
5 Truths You Must Remember Everyday About Money
1. IT ALL BELONGS TO GOD! VS.1
“(The Owner) enlisted a manager to take care of HIS property.”
You don’t really own anything… God owns it all!
It wasn’t yours before you were born and will not be till you die. We are ALL “managers!”
When you start looking at everything this way- worry will decrease!
How well are YOU taking care of God’s property in your care?
The rest of vs. 1 say this man was “wasting his master’s possession.”
Know that anytime you waste money you are wasting God’s money!

2. ONE DAY I’LL GIVE AN ACCOUNT TO GOD – VS. 2
“You must now GIVE ME AN ACCOUNT of your stewardship and REPORT what you’ve done with what I entrusted to you because your time as a manager is ending!’

You will stand before God for a LIFE AUDITED
God has entrusted assets to you during your time here.
He’s watching you to see how faithful you are. You’re not going to be here forever!
One day- your management career is going to be over:
ROM.14:12“Yes, each of us will have to give a personal account to God.”
If I’m faithful with little, God can trust me with more
LUKE 16:10 “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
Faithfulness in little ways produces fruitfulness in big ways

• What or how much am I investing for eternity? Who will be in heaven because of me?

3. GOD IS USING MONEY TO TEST ME.
God does not trust spiritual power to just anyone. He tests our faithfulness first. And he tests continually!
God’s favorite tool to test you is your finances!
WHAT DOES MONEY TESTS IN YOU?
What I love most Matt. 6:19-21 "Don't store up treasure here on earth.... Instead, store your treasures in heaven... for wherever your treasure is, that’s where your heart will be. ” (NLT)

God deserves & insists on 1ST PLACE IN MY LIFE. Whenever I LIVE for my money, it becomes my Master. Whenever I GIVE my money, it becomes my Servant.
What I trust
(Acid test of your faith)
Prov. 11:28. “If you trust in your money, you will fall, but if you trust in God, you’ll flourish like a green tree.” (NLT)
If God can trust me!
Out of control finances- reveal an out of control life!
Luke 16:11-12. “Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. If you have not been TRUSTWORTHY IN HANDLING WORLDLY WEALTH, who will trust you with TRUE RICHES? And if you have not been trustworthy with someone else's property, who will give you property of your own?”

Jesus says how I handle money determines how much God can bless my life!

There’s a direct connection between maturity & money spiritual power & possessions blessings& bucks

4. MONEY IS A TOOL TO BE USED FOR GOD’S PURPOSES – VS. 9
“I tell you, ‘USE your worldly wealth!’

- Not hoarded, stockpiled, worshiped, loved
USED!
Use temporary resources for permanent good!
- Use it to save time.... Use it to save lives to do good... honor God...
What did Jesus like about this dishonest manager?
His plan was wrong (dishonest) but did 3 things right
HE LOOKED AHEAD VS 3. “What I am going to do now?”
Prov. 14:8 “The wise man looks ahead. The fool attempts to fool himself and won't face facts.” (LB)

HE MADE A PLAN VS 4. “I know what I’ll do...”
Do you have a plan?
How do you know if you’re planning? You have a BUDGET!
Prov.16:9 “We should make plans, counting on God to direct us.”
HE ACTED QUICKLY.
Didn’t procrastinate. Didn’t delay.
VS 5-6- he sets his plan in motion! NOT “Someday ‘I’m going to get my finances in order
LK.16:4 “I know what I'll do so that, when I lose my job here, people will welcome me into their houses.” (NIV)

5. THE BEST USE IS TO USE IT GETTING PEOPLE TO HEAVEN - VS. 9
“I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, they will welcome you into your eternal dwelling.”

Use your money to build relationship that will last forever! USE YOUR AFFLUENCE FOR GOOD INFLUENCE!
How do you store up treasure in heaven? By investing in people going there!